Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I See You

Rose: You have a gift Jack....You do....You see people.
Jack: I see you
Rose: And...?
Jack: You wouldn't have jumped!!

My favorite lines from Titanic.

Its amazing how some people have this special gift. They can see right through you. Now I'm not talking about the friendly neighborhood Orthopedic who enjoys counting your ribs when looking at your X-Ray. I'm talking about the people who know exactly know how you are feeling at a particular instance - Like...when you are feeling happy after realizing that you know just enough questions to pass the exam. And, feeling sad when you fail by a mark or too - You name it, and they will know.

With their magical powers they can tap right into your brain and tell whats bothering you. At the same time suggesting the simplest possible solution...I mean like at one moment you are tearing your hair out trying to solve a maths problem, then out of no where there is an Aakashwani broadcast -
Vats...just assume that 2*3 = 6 and attempt the problem again.

And you are left wondering....Holy Cow...how did she know that??

Toh kahaani yeh hai doston...that if you happen to bump into someone whose description matches the one above...its not the time to run around naked and scream "Eureka...Eureka". You haven't invented anything...Its time thank the Almighty because you have discovered a Friend. Yes, you might have known the person for some time, may be years. But this is the moment you realize the person in question is real 24 Carat, Export Quality material.

I've been lucky to have quite a few of these discoveries through my 28 and some years...The best part is...the list keeps growing. Take these people out of my life and I am thrown back to the stone age. Yeah, even the Jhingalala guys would fair better than me.

The latest one to join this notorious (:-p) list comes from a land known as God's Own Country. No surprises then about her magical powers.

And for someone who has been in there for what now seems to be an eternity...we have this illustration




Party badal lo...Peter, Raabart aur Mona...
Gupta Ji ke paas hai... Lion se bhi zyada Sona

Looks like the day is not far when our friendly neighborhood Orthopedic will also not need my X-Ray. He'll just rise in chair and say...I See You :-P

1 comment:

storymaker said...

And, you are such a friend of all seasons.